You Have Options
Before reaching a final decision regarding your unplanned pregnancy, it is important for you to consider all of the options at your disposal. Naturally, you are going to have a lot of questions, and while there are seldom easy answers, there is a great deal of information that can help guide you to your ultimate decision. Here at New Beginnings, we can provide you with that information, so you can make an informed decision.
As a serious medical procedure, it is important for you to research the facts associated with abortion. Before you decide to visit an abortion clinic, it is important to ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I eligible for have an abortion?
- What types of abortions could I have?
- Are there risks associated with the type of abortion procedure I am considering?
While it is ultimately your decision, it is highly recommended that you speak with someone prior to making the decision to pursue an abortion. As an independent, non-biased organization, New Beginnings can serve as a place where you can share your thoughts and feelings without worrying about being judged.
Adoption does not necessarily mean giving up your child and never seeing them again. Should you want to, it is possible to be a part of your child’s life, even if you are not the person raising them. Regardless, adoption can be an excellent way to provide your child with a loving, caring home and family, and something you may be considering for any of the following reasons:
- You are not ready for parenting, but also do not want an abortion.
- Your partner is not involved and it is important to you for your child to have a two-parent environment.
- You are not in a position to provide your child with financial and/or emotional support.
If you are looking to learn more about adoption, the staff at New Beginnings will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Few decisions have an impact like the one to have and raise a child, even for those who planned to become pregnant. However, parenting is not always everyone’s first choice. Many people are unsure about parenting for the following reasons:
- While you want to have the child, your parent(s) is not supportive
- You are concerned about how your family will react
- You are in school
- You lack financial stability
- You don’t feel old or mature enough to raise a child
While these are a few of the most common reasons, the above is by no means an exhaustive list. If you have additional thoughts or concerns, please schedule an appointment with New Beginnings today to discuss your options.